Monday, May 07, 2007

A surprise Proposal!!!



Well, like another post, this would have been about a friend of mine, Melissa a wedding planner from http://eventsonabudget.com/ who did a surprise birthday party for her Mom. Melissa suspected something was just different about her boyfriend Mark. Well Mark had something special planned, he let us know as soon as he walked in that he wanted us to mic him(we were video taping too) because he had a poem he would read... But I knew right away what he was going to do, or so I hoped that I was right.

Well Mark had Melissa join him on the dance floor and asked that the DJ play a song in honor of her since she had worked so hard to get her Mom's birthday planned. She's an awesome planenr by the way. Well the first song went by and they danced and then a 2nd song went by and they danced, by the 3rd song people sat down, confused of course. Melissa even looked over at me with this wierd face, hoping that I could give her insight as to what was happening, but I was just as confused and hoping that he would do something special after all this. Then another song, yes 4 songs, at this point people started dancing, the song was by marc anthony and was the longest 5 minutes I have ever experienced for some reason.

Mark then turns to me and asks for the Dj's Mic. He gets on one knee, and Melissa just drops to the floor, squatting/kneeling with him, bawling. I cried too. And also shot away as much as I could. I am SOOOO happy for them, and of course she said yes. I hope to put up a video clip soon of the proposal because it was just so special. I feel as if I have known Mark all my life, but I just finally met him on Sunday.

So I encourage you to see the following pics and post your comments below, or email Melissa and tell her Congratulations, I'm sure she won't mind. I hope I get to shoot their wedding. I'm sure its going to be AWESOME.

Well here are the photos. (by the way there were butterflies all over the room, there was a wedding the night before and they did a butterfly release and the butterflies just stayed there, it was definitly a symbol of a new beginning!!!)











11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of Melissa's brides and I can't describe fully how happy I am for her and Mark; there are just not enough words. Congratulations! Melissa is working so hard to make our wedding day so special that I'd be honored to help out in any way I could to make her day just as special! Melissa, let me know! The pictures are beautiful and I see they capture the feeling of the moment-fantastic! -Chiara.

9:01 AM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE SURPRISE PROPOSAL WAS BREATHE TAKING. MARK I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU. EVEYTHING TURNED OUT SO PERFECT EVEN THOUGH YOU ENCOUNTERED SOME OBSTACLES. WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW EMOTIONAL I FEEL AND HOW TRUELY HAPPY I AM FOR BOTH YOU AND BY SISTER. MAY GOD BLESS THE LOVE YOU BOTH HAVE FOR EACHOTHER AND THAT IT MAY GROW STRONGER WITH EACH PASSING DAY.

MELISSA P.- I LOVE THE PICS YOU TOOK AND HOW YOU PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER. YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO CAPTIVATE THE MOMENT. AWESOME WORK!

10:40 AM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're super happy for you!!! You're moment is finally here!!! The surprise proposal sounds like it was a success :-) The pictures look great as expected!!! Congrats on a wonderful job for your mom's b-day party... I love the cake. I can't wait to hear about all the planning. Enjoy the engagement... it's great ;-)

P.S. Alex says, "If you need a wedding planner, he knows of a good one." ;-P

12:18 PM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm am so very happy for Melissa and Marc. It was such a beautiful moment and i'm very happy that i was able to share in it that night. I'm so happy that both of you found each other after all these years and learned that only with each other you can complete one another. Can't wait till the wedding.
Melissa, what great pic's, they truly captured the moment...

1:56 PM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Linda and Kids! said...

Congratulations Aunty Melissa!!!
We are so happy for you, I read this blog while at work and could not help the tears, you guys look soooo beautiful,I look forward to seeing you guys next year! :) Linda

5:12 PM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say!!! I am speechless!!! What a night! It was true a Blessing from GOD! I am rambling on right now because that is how I feel. I can think of no words to express my experience or the feeling of that night. It was spectacular, better than a fairytale! It was a blessing to be able to celebrate my mom’s 50th birthday & honor her for being such a wonderful mom. It was extra special because I had family travel from far to be there. But to be proposed on such a special night by the man of my dreams is more than I ever imagined! Melissa Perez (www.simplycaptiving.com) & Javier (her husband) were amazing! They are not only super talented but they are also wonderful people who both Marc & are I both blessed to know! I am soooo excited they were there to capture this moment & also share in our joy! I thank you both from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!
p.s. I would choose no one else to shoot our wedding! As soon as we finalize our date you are 1st on our list to call!

6:08 PM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations Melissa & Mark. I knew from the moment I met you both that you were meant to be. There was always this special glow around you two. You both looked very happy, and I knew it was just a matter of time. It's a match made in heaven. I'm so happy that you both have found soul mates in each other. I wish I had been there to witness it in person, but the pictures bring it to life for me. Your love shines right through them. I can't wait for the wedding. Make sure you invite me. This is one wedding I don't want to miss!

Your an inspiration to many and you both are so loving and have so much to give to so many people. That is why I know God will bless you with a beautiful marriage filled with joy and happiness, and maybe even a couple of kids.

Love always,

Denise Alacan

7:57 PM, May 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Melissa and Marco! How romantic, how beautiful, what a blessing from the Lord. I can't wait to witness your lifetime commitment to each other. Sending you lots of love from Michigan. Marco, my eyes are filled with tears of joy. I'm so happy you found her and I pray that your life will be filled with love, joy, and many blessings from the Lord. God Bless you both. We love you

Love always, Tisha & Byron and family!

9:40 AM, June 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful night! I will treasure the memory in my mind and heart for ever. Melissa, I am so proud of you. You are a great woman, daughter, and cousin. You are talented and you are beautiful inside and out. Congratualtions, honey! I can't wait for the wedding.

11:51 PM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Lizette Theresa Gurule*

Omg!

Auntie Melissa

Your getting married.

How cool is that!

Man You two almost made me cry.

=)

lol

I think im getting old...Ahhhh

But it was so nice to be there

To catch that happy & special

Moment everygirl dreams

About having!

You two are a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Match Chosen by Jesus.

I Love You Tia!

I Wish Ya the Best!


<3 ALWAYS,

Lizette Theresa Gurule

2:40 AM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Melissa! Your Fiance truly made the proposal special for you!! I'm very happy for you!!

12:16 AM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Download Web Counter