Wednesday, July 11, 2007

DEBATE!!!!

To give the digital negatives or not to give???
ok so there are a lot of photos that just are not PERFECT, but I give them all to you and let you decide what you like.
Is this a bad thing??? I would love for former customers of mine to email me or post a comment below explaining your thoughts. Would you rather me take more time and delete whatever is bad and only keep the good so that the files and files and files are not overwhelming or do you love to see each and every picture no matter what and you decide how good or bad they are?
The bad side for me is that you see ALL my flaws. Most photographers give you digital negatives of what they see fit, or what they believe you should see and only the good stuff they shot.
I'd love for everyone and anyone to join in on this debate and let me know your thoughts.
Just food for thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mayleen said...

I LOVE that you open yourself and give all the pictures that you have taken - flaws and all! Some pictures may not be perfect but they may capture a gesture, a look that may be special to the family. I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures - some are like a movie - you see frame by frame an action and you absolutely fall in love with all the pictures. Without getting all of the pictures you would not get the same effect or the same story as it was captured.

You absolutely do a wonderful job and I truly enjoyed working with you.

The Coston Family
Chad, Mayleen, Lil' Chad, & Ethan

1:33 PM, July 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giving me all the pictures was a great joy. Although not all were perfect you can see like the previous blogger said faces or expressions in some pictures that you might not see in others. In addition what you might think is a perfect photo might not be to me. Now i know we have similar taste because i love the detail shots you have taken yet some people might not. I think its great that you give all of them.

5:45 PM, July 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you posted this about a month ago but I didn't have a chance to join in the "debate."

Having worked with you on several occasions now, I have to say I LOOOVE the fact that you have always given me all the negatives, the good, the bad and the ugly (no jk, none are ugly. ha,ha,ha!). That's one of the many things that separates you from other photographers (in a GOOD way), wouldn't you want to have that brownie point right from the start? I would much rather go with a photographer who will show me all his shots and that alone can be the determining factor in choosing a photographer. It reassures me he feels confident in his work.

I'm looking forward to you shooting my wedding!! And I want ALL my shots, please!

10:30 AM, August 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Download Web Counter